As people work their way through the destruction left by January 23rd’s tornado, Red Cross continues to provide help on several fronts.
- A shelter remains open at First Baptist Church of Center Point – 1945 Center Point Parkway, Center Point
- Mobile feeding continues throughout affected communities
- Bulk distribution sites are actively giving out supplies free of charge to those affected
- Caseworkers, health and mental health professionals are conducting visits in the disaster-affected areas
- Information on Red Cross services or to schedule after-hour casework appointments call (205) 439-7880 and push Option 6
Volunteers from many organizations have worked shoulder-to-shoulder with Red Cross volunteers to make sure that needs are being met which include Air Force officers from Maxwell Air Force Base, NAACP, Southern Baptist Convention and many more. Approximately 90% of the volunteers responding are from Alabama.